Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Searching for Scrolls

Vicki of the lovely blog French Essence and author of the beautiful book My French Life must be feeling her nose itch and her ears burn this week. Joni from Cote de Texas blogged about Vicki's gorgeous Provencal farmhouse Mas de Bernard a few days ago, and I am now borrowing inspiration from her elegant bedroom.

Redoing our master bedroom has been on my mind lately. Strike that, it's actually become an immediate and necessary task that's now on my schedule as well as on my mind!

I want the space to be soothing, refreshing, and have a little glamour and interest to it. Vicki's bedroom sums up those qualities. Her antique passementerie headboard leaves me absolutely speechless.



I'd love to incorporate a similar decorative pattern in a simple way... perhaps with these embroidered scroll pillowcases.


If Restoration Hardware wasn't sold out of the white set above, thats where you'd find me right now!


I've got a few thousand more pictures to look through to make sure I haven't missed a single inspiring idea (can you sense the sarcasm), but I think Vicki's bedroom decor will stay on my mind as I continue this search.


{Photos via My French Life, Scandia Down, and Restoration Hardware}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have lots of fun decorating your bedroom Alice! Vicky's gorgeous room is definitely an inspiration.

Renée Finberg said...

i am loving that 1st headboard !

xx

vicki archer said...

I was just catching up on your blog and as I was scrolling down I thought - that looks familiar - it's my bed! Thank you for your lovely words and I am glad you like my bedroom. The embroidery is wonderful on the headboard and base but I am afraid right now my room is not nearly as tidy as that photograph suggests! xv

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin