Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Steel Beauties

Just loving the steel and glass details in these shower surrounds...

I'd take this vintagey steel surround in a heartbeat. All 40 glass panes to clean and all!



Steel goes modern and and I love it, don't you! The industrial look is so perfectly pulled off in this bath with the thick concrete countertop, ridged glass and patina'd steel frame.


The silvery stainless steel is like jewelry in this steam shower. Notice how these are functioning windows to let the steam escape.


Is there anything that goes better than white marble tiles, polished nickel fitting, and a diamond pattern leaded glass window that looks into your fabulous bedroom???

These are such interesting architectural details as well as a genius way to bring natural light into the shower... One more thing to add to the "Dreamhouse List"!

{Photos via House Beautiful, Mohon-Imber, Peter Dunham, and Cote de Texas}

5 comments:

Brabourne Farm said...

You're right - these steel showers surrounds are lovely. They're a nice change from the all-glass everyone's been using and I love the slightly retro feel.

LindsB said...

That first picture is to die for, I would love to take a shower in there everyday, what a luxury it would be- great pictures!

Courtney said...

LOVE the first shower!! The third one is also gorgeous, and the leaded glass window in the last one is interesting too. Beautiful photos.

Suzy said...

I love that first shower too! I still saving up for ours....I just wish they weren't so expensive...

The Antiques Diva™ said...

That top shower is getting printed out and going in my style file. I supposedly put this file together for clients to use... but if I tell the truth it's really my "someday" file!!!

Also I love the idea of using pansy's in salad. I've seen them at my gourmet grocer and have used them to decorate desserts (pretty little cakes and such) but as a salad decor never occurred to me! You're genius again!

Toma

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin