Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Flowers

Easter Flowers beg for something special...

A pretty assortment of garden picked flowers in a collection of egg-cups... simple and innovative... ah I love it!



For a slightly more streamlined look, use flowers of the same type or color and set them upon a tiered cake stand.


To take the egg-cup concept a step further, use hollowed out egg shells as a bud vases. These shells appear to have been dyed a light lavender color to compliment the flowers.
Guaranteed to bring oohs and aahs!

Have a wonderful, blessed and egg-filled weekend!

{Photos via Martha Stewart}

6 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

I love pale lavender and green. These small floral arrangements are perfection.
Have a wonderful weekend, Alice, and a fantastic Easter.

xo
Brooke

from the right bank said...

All of these are so cute and a very good use of egg cups. The spring colors are just so uplifting. They're perfect. Happy Easter.

vicki archer said...

These flower filled cups are divine. Happy Easter and have a wonderful weekend, xv.

Heidi said...

What a great way to display Easter flowers. I love both images. Great post. Have a great day, Heidi

Courtney said...

How I love Lily of the Valley, and they look so adorable in the hollowed out egg shells. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. xx

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Oh my goodness, I wish I would have seen this idea before Easter (that's what I get for getting busy and neglecting to read my favorite blogs). I love this idea and it just so happens I have a collection of antique egg cups rarely used! Great idea!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin