Friday, April 17, 2009

Fab Friday Flowers


I hope you’re having yourself one very Fab Friday.
To make it even better click over to Simply Seleta to see what’s absolutely fabulous in other parts of the blogosphere!

Then head to the nursery to pick up some edible flowers to add to your menu tonight!
Real Simple magazine lists the following good choices:

Basil flowers
Tuberous Begonia
Rosemary
Calendula
Lemon Balm
Viola
Thyme
Chives
Flat-leaf parsley
Margold
Marjoram
Nasturtium
Tarragon
Pansy
Sage

And just to make sure the flowers you're eating are as safe as they are beautiful, check out these safety tips.


Bon Appetit!

{Photo from Real Simple}

6 comments:

tradeink said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alice said...

Sorry to anyone whose comment I just deleted!

Dede Warren said...

I've heard about edible flowers and I'd absolutely eat them at a restaurant. At home I always doubt myself and the safety.

Brabourne Farm said...

What a lovely idea - I think most flowers look good enough to eat!

vicki archer said...

Gorgeous picture of those pansies - so pretty, xv.

Fifi Flowers said...

Your Friday Flowers are VERY FASHIONABLE... perhaps you should link them to my Fashionable Fridays too!
I think I would love to steal a couple photos to be painted... hmmm... would that be ok?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin