Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Colorful Candles

 The_White_Home_-_Caroline_Clifton-Mogg_3 

Typically, I’m a plane Jane when it comes to candles… white, white and more white.   It’s just so elegant, and so easy.  And maybe so boring???  I’m thinking so, now that I’ve been noticing the interest these colored candles bring to their spaces…

 

   cdt suellen gregory orig sitting area cdt suellen gregory new white living room

I’m starting to think of candles like paint- an easy and inexpensive way to make a change.  The two rooms above are from the same house (see more here).  While the homeowner didn’t tire of her pink phase, it looks like her matching candelabras did… and don’t they look beautiful both ways!

 

brabourne farm  Blog_-_Appley_Hoare

I love a funky color mixed with a traditional holder.

 

Karl_Juengel_Photography_3 via brabourne farm

And besides being pretty for decoration, rumor has it they’re pretty useful too! For essentials like cake, and oh yeah, lighting too!

 

For more beautiful images and juicy debate on colored candles, don’t forget to visit Valorie's post here.

{Photos via 1. The White  Home by Caroline Clifton Mogg, 2. & 3.Cote de Texas, 4. & 5.Brabourne Farm}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those aqua chairs (and matching aqua candles!)

Anonymous said...

I love the aqua chairs too, they jumped right out at me. That's a looong table though.

LindsB said...

I'm strictly a white candle girl too, but these pictures just made me put new colorful candle tapers on my list of things to get- they are beautiful

Shani said...

I do like the green with the table arrangement. A nice pop there!

Courtney said...

How funny-- I am definitely a white (or cream) candle girl, the most "colorful" candles I have are some bronze tapers and pillars, but these photos have me thinking that I should perhaps give some colored tapers a try!

Saucy said...

Now you've got me thinking, my drawers are filled with white candles, even for birthday cakes...

My Galveston Cottage said...

What lovely photos! And I'm viewing candles in a whole different light. I like the idea of using them for splashes of color. cool idea! Thanks for stopping by min....See ya soon, -susan

Things That Inspire said...

It's funny how there is some sort of unwritten rule about the 'classic' nature of white and cream candles - and how it is going off the beaten path to use colorful candles! I wonder if this relates to the old days when it was not really possible to have candles that were colored?

Although, I have to admit, I tend to stick to white or cream too!

designs 4 living said...

I loved the peonies!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin